A cdplayer to outclass my Denon 2500BT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm a big av fan, but also like to play music with good quality.

Now i use my Denon 2500BT blu-rayplayer for both movies and stereo.

The amp i use is a Onkyo 875, with mod powercord, and i'm very happy with it.

I'm after a stand alone cdplayer to use for stereo duties.

At what price range i'm looking at to get better sound then with the Denon, and which brand to go with the Onkyo?

I shop at the 2nd hand market.

Greetings and thanx for reply.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps this....

alba_cd_player.......(6).jpg

Sorry, I guess it's not that bad, I just didn't like mine. I guess you'd need to be looking at something like this to notice a difference.

The Denon as a transport only is limited in it's performance by whatever AV amp you're using. I had an Onkyo 905 and found it's music abilities pretty poor, things improved substancially once I added a CA DacMagic. A DAC isn't an option with the Denon as it has no SPDIF out, so I'd assume that a CA CD player would bring improved results.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
pete321:
Perhaps this....

Sorry, I guess it's not that bad, I just didn't like mine. I guess you'd need to be looking at something like this to notice a difference.

The Denon as a transport only is limited in it's performance by whatever AV amp you're using. I had an Onkyo 905 and found it's music abilities pretty poor, things improved substancially once I added a CA DacMagic. A DAC isn't an option with the Denon as it has no SPDIF out, so I'd assume that a CA CD player would bring improved results.
>>>>shakes head from side to side, tutting...

Well i would'nt expect any other reply from Mr pete321 if anything i'd be disappointed if he didnt, that aside i find the Denon to be a reasonable CDP but not great thats why i stick with my dedicated player, after all IMO the 2500BT is a bluray / DVD player with which it does both brilliantly despite what others my say (looking over at Pete)

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
pete321:
Perhaps this....

ROFL! Quite possibly true, however you may prefer something like a Marantz CD52 or Philips CD710, both have great sound in stock form and can be easily tweaked to become near unbeatable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts