A budget amp for the Sennheisers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have some Sennheiser HD595 headphones that I want to buy an amp for, preferably costing around £100.

Of course the obvious one is the Pro-ject Head Box 2, but there's also loads of other ones like the iBasso T3, T3D and T4 (although these seem to be portable models). I've looked at Firestone Audio stuff as well, but most of their amps have DACs in them which I don't need due to my DacMagic. The two non DACs are the 'cute' which looks nice but is a bit too pricey, and the fireye 1 which seems like a portable much like the iBassos.

Also, I really need it to have a line out, so the (non amplified) signal can be passed through to other kit.

Cheers

PS I know there's a thread asking pretty much the same thing from quite a while ago, but no-one ever seemed to come to a conclusion, so I'm starting up this post!

A

Anonymous

I'm using the Rega Ear which I bought new for about £125; use it with HD650s and sounds excellent.

A

Anonymous

ChrisMM - I must say, I've never heard of the Rega Ear before. I'll start some more researching.

idc

The portable amps you mention are regularly seen as the main amp used by many memebers of headfi forums. A popular manufacturer is Headroom from the US and the Airhead is under budget. For £100 you will find that you are limited to 'portable' amps. Even the not marketed as portable destop amps are very small.

A

Anonymous

At that budget focus on second-hand. You may be able to afford diy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts