A bit much?

A

Anonymous

I recently lost the badge from the front of my Wharfedale sub so i had to get another J

So i emailed Wharfedale to see if i could get a replacement.The said they could supply one and asked for my Credit card details and they would send one out.

It arrived today with an invoice Badge -£1.50

VAT -£1.00

Admin & Postage-£3.50

I might sound tight but £3.50 L

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
The clue's in the admin.........time is expensive thesedays, it's such a small amount it's to cover costs, not to profit per se

david230

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Last year I enquired about some replacement tweeter grilles for my Monitor audios via email. A couple of exchanged messages and Three days Later I receive a jiffy bag containing a pair of tweeter grilles sent absolutely free of charge. Nice one MA!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I smashed my Chord DAC to pieces last week. I rang Chord and complained and they sent me a brand new Chord QBD 76 for my inconvenience.

New DAC was gratis but they made me pay the postage. What's the world coming to? I'm considering taking it to the European Court Of Human Rights.

A

Anonymous

ormy said:
So i emailed Wharfedale to see if i could get a replacement.The said they could supply one and asked for my Credit card details and they would send one out.

I might sound tight but £3.50 L

The only thing they might not have done "correctly" is told you how much they were going to take from your card before they did so. £3.50 is not unreasonable, there's postage and someone's time. If they told you how much it was going to be, you'd have the option of accepting or not.

seasonsdownfall

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to join in here!

The Atacama stickers i got with my stands were a bad batch, so phoned them up, no problem they sent some more out! Hahaha, not quite the same but i was happy! :)

A

Anonymous

Well, while we are on the subject, my Vienna Acoustics didn't have the spike discs for a wooden floor in one box, one email later, and a new set appeared in the post free. Superb customer service.

:clap:

A

Anonymous

What I don't understand ishow there is £1.00 VAT on a £1.50 item... :?

A

Anonymous

groberton said:
What I don't understand ishow there is £1.00 VAT on a £1.50 item... :?

You forgot about the postage.

Item = £1.50

Postage = £3.50

Total - £5.00

VAT is 20% of £5 = £1

Simples :grin:

A

Anonymous

On the other hand just had to send a two year old HDMI back to QED as i was losing sound intermittently.Was replaced quickly with i higher speck cable .QED were very helpfull.

Companies like Wharfedale should take note charging someone £6 for a 10p badge is not good customer service:p

TRENDING THREADS