A 32 inch plasma: The LG 32PC51

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new tv, something smallish for my bedroom. I currently use a 21 inch Philips SDTV and as a result, all my Xbox games look like utter rubbish.

I browsed a store yesterday, and there were models that looked interesting. My budget isn't very high, being a student and all but I managed to find some decent tv's. One that looked particularly interesting was the 32PC51, a new plasma tv by LG. It's picture bettered all the lcd's that stood around it, it's black levels were far deeper.

The price was also very appealing: 499 euros. Specwise however, the tv is certainly an oddball, it had two hdmi inputs and one component (pretty okay, just about everything I need) but the resolution however has me slightly scared: 852 X 480. As far as I can tell only older plasmas used this resolution. Would I be able to take full advantage of my Xbox 360 if I hooked it up to the LG? Like I've stated earlier, the colours and black levels were good. A 1080i source was running, and I could detect the disadvantage of the lower resolution, it wasn't particularly terrible though.

Clare, I'm hoping you and ofcourse all others can shed some light on this, would my Xbox 360 be wasted on this LG?

A

Anonymous

Bumpity bump. Come on people, this is something special: a 32" plasma.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jan Hibma"]
would my Xbox 360 be wasted on this LG?

[/quote]

Yes - it's not even an HD Ready set. Steer clear!

We've got a Supertest of budget 32in TVs in our next issue, out in @10 days time, which will offer lots of better options - several of which are available for @£400.

A

Anonymous

Pretty old news, and from reviews elsewhere it doesn't sound as if it's tearing up any trees

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts