8se and psx or xtse and dacx

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I really fancy a new Cyrus after the write ups, but would need two boxes to avoid upsetting the looks on my rack.

Anyone have a view on this?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i've been considering this myself, i can't answer your question but would like to know how the dacx stands up against similar priced competition.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Both have been given great write ups. I'd be keen to explore the 'not too relaxing' comment on the latter WHF team

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

The DAC-X with XTSE is another step above the 8SE (even with PSX-R) .

Dont forget, you could also use the multiple digital/optical inputs on the DAC-X for other digital devices, so you have added functionality in that respect.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And that's another vote from me on the XTse/DAC X combo - to which you can also, of course, add PSX-R as/when funds allow to make a superlative player even better.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:One question Joel - I always imagined you had those T-shaped things from hifiracks (which obviously wouldn't work with Cyruses side-by-side)- presumably I'm mistaken?

I specifically got him to do me solid wood shelves, for a number of reasons, not least having a little boy just about to start walking/climbing/pushing/pulling/hanging off trees by his tail...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

JohnDuncan:One question Joel - I always imagined you had those T-shaped things from hifiracks (which obviously wouldn't work with Cyruses side-by-side)- presumably I'm mistaken?

I specifically got him to do me solid wood shelves, for a number of reasons, not least having a little boy just about to start walking/climbing/pushing/pulling/hanging off trees by his tail...

And realistically SWMBO would go bananas if I were to purchase £2k's worth of kit now....so the Cyrus is probably out of the question for the moment

A

Anonymous

Cyrus - like I've been saying all along to you, despite your adamant stand. At least you've finally come to your senses.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim,

Cyrus - I've said this all along to you, despite your adamant stand about your CD192. Good sense has finally prevailed, at least.

A little objectivity next time, perhaps.

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:
JoelSim,

Cyrus - I've said this all along to you, despite your adamant stand about your CD192. Good sense has finally prevailed, at least.

How's the I30 coming along Mr Wolf?

A

Anonymous

Sublime, Mr Bert! It has cost me quite a bit, as I've changed everything, including getting a new rack, but the money has been well spent, I believe! (My wife doesn't share my sentiments though!).

Got everything done and dusted over the weekend while she was away, or it would have been too much of a hassle!

While it was a good system before, it's an excellent one now!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:

JoelSim,

I'm extremely happy with the Arcs but keen to hear the Cyrus given the write ups.

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:
Sublime, Mr Bert! It has cost me quite a bit, as I've changed everything, including getting a new rack, but the money has been well spent, I believe! (My wife doesn't share my sentiments though!).

Got everything done and dusted over the weekend while she was away, or it would have been too much of a hassle!

While it was a good system before, it's an excellent one now!

Superb! My gf doesn't respond positively to the value of such items either, but it's not going to stop me :) I'm being drawn to the I30.......

A

Anonymous

Joel - you will not be dissapointed with the new CD8x/8vs2 or the DAC/Transport combo.

A

Anonymous

Bert - the I30 is very refined and a wonderful piece of equipment to look at! Infact, the Primare kit is just absolutely gorgeous.

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:Bert - the I30 is very refined and a wonderful piece of equipment to look at! Infact, the Primare kit is just absolutely gorgeous.
Next year, next year... :-D Rather fond of the Rotel though I have to admit.

John Duncan

igglebert:EvilWolf:Bert - the I30 is very refined and a wonderful piece of equipment to look at! Infact, the Primare kit is just absolutely gorgeous.
Next year, next year... :-D Rather fond of the Rotel though I have to admit.

Is a tricky one - Blue Lights vs Great Knobs. I ummed and ahhed*

*this is a lie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts