805s vs wilson arc vs n804

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All, I need some new speakers for my cyrus setup as my old speakers have met with an bad accident and are beyond repair. i run a cd8x with pxvs a pair of 8power amps. thinking of 805s or maybe the wilson arcs. one other optios is a second hand pair of n804 floor standers. the 805s and the arcs cost 1900 pounds each but i can get a second hand pair of n804 for 1300 pounds. what do people reckon is the best value for money. The other point is that the speakers will be in the corners of a room right up against the wall Tthey all sound great to me with the n804s being better on the bass. any good opinions folks?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Arc is a great pair but pronounce treble which imo all Cyrus do and £1900 2nd hands is too much asking price. The 805s has so many follower due to their easy to live with sound and position, again, £400 over the avaerage re-sale value.
I never heard the n804 but 804s are tremendous value, they need plenty of power and the bass can sound a bit too dry for some taste, very musical however.
I am not sure what is the main different between the older design and the "s" version though.
WB Arc is the best pair here but as you are using Cyrus, demo first.

A

Anonymous

Consider the Neat Momentum 3i and 4i as well, also PMC speakers have a good reputation with Cyrus equipment, specifically the compact GB1i. However, considering the placement I would probably avoid floorstanders and go for standmounts only...

A

Anonymous

thanks guys. i listened to the arcs and they sounded fab with some fairly hard core reference kit. My issue is that i cannot try them with my cyrus equipment. the only speakers i have been able to try directly on cyrus are the 805's.

I am going to have to take a chance so it is the 805s or the arcs both at 1900 pound brand new inc stands

any last advice before i take the plunge, the only thing that is nagging me is whether i should give the spendors a go and add a velodyne sub woofer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts