7.1 vs 5.1, speakers needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey guys, ive had an onkyo 605 receiver for a bout a year now and ive been using it as a 5.1 system with blu ray and xbox. My living room isnt huge as a rent, pics are in the my system section. I am toying with the idea of getting 2 extra speakers to experience 7.1 hd surround sound but as ive not got cable or suitable speakers to use, ive no idea how much better it is if any, so........ has anyone got a 605/606 or similar with 7.1 and can anyone help with the speakers. Im looking for small satellite speakers to blend well with Acoustic energy and at a not too big price. Any tips and input welcome.

thanks

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I have Kef 'egg' type speakers to handle the extra 2 channels of 7.1 sound, with an Onkyo 706; however, there are currently very few Blu-rays/DVDs that support 7.1, and it's rare that the extra lights on the amplifier light up! I'm also not sure I can hear any difference over 5.1 ...

A

Anonymous

I'd save the money if I were you as I have a similar setup to Electroman (see my sig) and can't say the 7.1 is a crucial update over 5.1.

A

Anonymous

JonAjan -

Unless if u have a big room , and the rear/back speakers is at least about 150cm farther back from your main seat , i would edvice you to forget it ,,,,it,s just a waste of money , i went from 5.1 to 7,1 it was the worst money i ever spent on the rear pair speakers.

A

Anonymous

well, i am able to put them about 2m behind me, be it on top of the kitchen work tops at the other end of the room, but if the overall sound quality isnt that much better, then i may just hold on to my cash for now. Thanks for replying guys......now maybe to put that cash towards something else lol

TRENDING THREADS