Hi all. I'm in the middle of updating my home cinema. I've just purchased the new OLES LG C6V, and a OPPO 205 HD DVD player. The TV came with a free LG SJ9 sound bar, I have a Denon amp with the old KEF egg speakers with the round Sub. Can I use the Atmos sound bar with the 5.1 set up I have? Or is it not worth using the sound bar an stick with my old 5.1 setup?

many thanks

I had a choice between the 2 and weren't sure which was best, I do have the option to change to the OPPO 203, regarding the sound bar I was wondering if I can use my 5.1 surround sound system with the LG SJ9 Dolby Atmos sound bar, or is it one or the other. I was going to see if I could use the Dolby Atmos sound bar at the front but use the speakers at the back of the Surrond sound system.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The sj9 only has a HDMI in and no seperate terminals for wiring up the individual drivers. So it means, it does its own internal Dolby processing. So there is no way you can wire it to the denon. But if your denon has a second HDMI out, you could try to see if the sound bar works as your front LCR speakers. But the problem is it will be doing 5.1.2 even placed there and not just LCR. So you might have a very mixed sound stage. But no harm trying what it actually sounds like, since you already have it.

I use a Yamaha sound bar as my rear surrounds. But that is because I can wire each driver indipendently and it is a dumb bar, means no internal processing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts