4k blu ray players how noisy?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
My 1080p panasonic 320 bluray ive had for quite a while now is very noisy -

Whats the noise levels on the new 4k bluray players?
Interested to hear from people that actually own these new models

D

Deleted member 2457

The Panasonic 4k Blu ray players are silent. The Samsung is a bit noisy.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There has been quite few if you look through the avf owners thread you will see then all.

There has been lip sync issues playback issues with some discs.
There is lip sync issue with the hdmi in and hdr doesnt work on the hdmi in.

A few other things but they are being fixed with fw updates but they released it not finished.

Apart from those its a stella player fantastic upscaler.

Expensive though

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
There has been quite few if you look through the avf owners thread you will see then all.

There has been lip sync issues playback issues with some discs.
There is lip sync issue with the hdmi in and hdr doesnt work on the hdmi in.

A few other things but they are being fixed with fw updates but they released it not finished.

Apart from those its a stella player fantastic upscaler.

Expensive though

Sounds like a nightmare lol

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not been that bad - few disc playback issues.

If you bought one at launch you would have had 3 months problems which would suck.

I have had a few lip sync was worst one but that seems sorted now thank fully.

Good thing is because the player has a long life cycle they should keep actively supporting it for a while so hopefully will fix new disc issues quickly if there is any.

Player itself is very responsive and fast. And the remote auto light up when you move it feature is really useful (for me anyway in pitch black)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Not been that bad - few disc playback issues.

If you bought one at launch you would have had 3 months problems which would suck.

I have had a few lip sync was worst one but that seems sorted now thank fully.

Good thing is because the player has a long life cycle they should keep actively supporting it for a while so hopefully will fix new disc issues quickly if there is any.

Player itself is very responsive and fast. And the remote auto light up when you move it feature is really useful (for me anyway in pitch black)

Ellis - did you compare it or also test the cheaper panasonic?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I wanted the Strip Meta Data Feature in the oppo that the Panny's might have now but they didnt have that at the time. So no I havent tested them mate. Some people on AVF think one is better than the other - others think their identical - same old ....

Plus the Oppo you can upgrade it - better power supplies better clocks - thats right up my street as you know.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I wanted the Strip Meta Data Feature in the oppo that the Panny's might have now but they didnt have that at the time. So no I havent tested them mate. Some people on AVF think one is better than the other - others think their identical - same old ....

Plus the Oppo you can upgrade it - better power supplies better clocks - thats right up my street as you know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts