442 yes wrong forum

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well, in order to stop myself getting too depressed, I've persuaded my mates to all put a £20 on Holland to win the footie. At least now we can all go to the cruiser and support someone in the absence of our one true love... sort of...(the £260 I could win would buy me an Isotek, but don't tell the missus. She'd never know as it's all out of view and the only thing that interests her less than hifi equipment is football. Having said that she listens to the hifi every day without fail, and I've yet to find her watching football on the sly!)

A

Anonymous

Italy has it in the bag. Two weeks without football is quite enough for me and so can't wait. I put a bet on yesterday that the BBC will mention England and 1966 eleven times - 250/1. Its a win win situation as I have told the wench that I need to watch every match!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Funny thing is, I told the wench I wasn;t interested, and to be honest I'm not. Trying to drum up some interest but still struggling even though I now have a vested interest. Steve McLaren isn't welcome round at mine. Ever.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
it's all a bit like 'I haven't listened to any music for weeks. Rick Astlley? Now you're talking! We are squintin'", etc..

BTW the FourFourTwo forum is here, if you must, Say hello to Mr Parkinson from us....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Steve McLaren isn't welcome round at mine. Ever.[/quote]

A 'number 2' if there ever was one.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Wow! Do people still refer to their wife/girlfriend/partner as 'the wench'?

Well, I suppose after a hard day's jousting...

[/quote]

No, if I told him he was my wench he'd punch me!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They've been running a series of interviews on Radio 4's Today programme with overseas ambassadors to Britain, asking them to argue why their teams should win - there were a couple of corkers this morning.

The Czech ambassador argued we should support them because of all the beautiful Czech women working in Britain that brighten our day! Oh, and because Peter Cech plays for Chelsea.

The Dutch ambassador appealed for empathy with Holland's similar 'underachiever' status to England. Oh, and because Van der Sar plays for Man U.

The Swiss ambassador talked about fair play, but I missed the rest of it because I was mesmerised by his incredible accent.

And finally - and somewhat inevitably - the German ambassador said we should back the Germans as they were going to win, so it was a waste of our money betting on anyone else!

I'm still undecided who i'm going to back, but am bound to watch far more matches than I intend to. As noted elsewhere, i'm borrowing one of our Freesat HD test boxes so I can check out ITV HD - will report up here over the weekend....

A

Anonymous

Ok just some fun predictions:

Switzerland 1 Czech republic 1

France to win tournament

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]I'm still undecided who i'm going to back[/quote]

It is predestined.

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]so I can check out ITV HD - will report up here over the weekend....[/quote]

It'll be fantastic, obviously.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]jousting...[/quote]

That's a misspelling, surely.
[/quote]

I can imagine you with your tongue lolling out awaiting a pat on the head from Andrew as you tip tap away at your computer.

John Duncan

[quote user="simonkee"][quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]jousting...[/quote]

[/quote]

I can imagine you with your tongue lolling out awaiting a pat on the head from Andrew as you tip tap away at your computer.[/quote]

Then you misjudge me.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="simonkee"][quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]jousting...[/quote]

[/quote]

I can imagine you with your tongue lolling out awaiting a pat on the head from Andrew as you tip tap away at your computer.[/quote]

Then you misjudge me.
[/quote]

Ah, an optomist as well.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
As an english ex-pat in Sweden I'm gonna be nice and shout for the boys in yellow and blue. But I think Spain will win it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah Sweden- always worth watching (though maybe not when they tonked England in the last World Cup - a shocker). Though Freddie Ljungberg nearly got me killed once...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I was so gobsmacked by my first sighting of Freddie's underwear adverts - writ large on the side of a double-decker bus up in town - that I actually momentarily paused while crossing a busy central-London road. Never a good idea - I just sped back up in time to avoid being squashed by an uncoming cab...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="simonkee"]I can imagine you with your tongue lolling out awaiting a pat on the head from Andrew as you tip tap away at your computer.[/quote]

That was a little mean and spiteful, wasn't it?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="simonkee"]I can imagine you with your tongue lolling out awaiting a pat on the head from Andrew as you tip tap away at your computer.[/quote]

That was a little mean and spiteful, wasn't it?

[/quote] And pathetically childish.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Now, now, all of you settle down - it's a sunny Sunday, relax
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts