3D TV Advice regarding the best 3d tv in the magazine

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
With my current tv starting to show signs of it's inevitable demise after only just three years (never buying a sharp lcd tv again!) i've been looking at potential replacements. After a little scout around, i've decided to invest in a 3d tv. Anyhow, with an insomnia inducing search one night checking various information sources, I settled with the[class="Apple-style-span"] PS50C7000. [/class]

Now a little over a month before I plan on getting one, I decided to do go buy a magazine to look at their more professional reviews of tvs most reviews seem to be done by the average customer). Well this morning while looking I bought what hifi and was quite chuffed to see that they gave the 3d tv of the year award to the c6900 which I assume is the model below the one I was planning on getting.

Now the C6900 is a little bit cheaper than the C7000 which is extremely appealing to me seeing as my budget was already stretched so i'm tempted to change over to that. However I was wondering if anybody had experience with both or knew of any differences between the two? I naturally assumed the C7000 was the natural upgrade, anybody have any thoughts as to why the C6900 would pip it to the best 3d tv?

Also does anyone have any knowledge of tv buying trends around Christmas time? Like am I better off buying it as early as possible or waiting until Mid December for some last minute Christmas deals?

Finally, does anyone know if 3d glasses come out of the box with the tv? Amazon reviews state that the C7000 does however i'm unsure about the C6900.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're holding fire, we've a group test of every 3D TV we could get our hands on in the December issue, on sale November 11 or thereabouts.

And yes, I do think there'll be some good deals running up to Christmas, as part of 'beat the VAT rise' offers.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
If you go the Samsung route IMHO its worth spending that extra bit and get the C7000 over the C6900, spec wise they are virtually identical apart from the C7000 have the Real Black Filter which helps the C7000 produce far better blacks than the C6900, theC7000 also has full 1080 lines of motion and true 24pfs support. Oh it also comes with a much better remote.

Not 100% sure about the glasses but AFAIK the C7000 has 1 pair in the box and a extra pair is.redemible for free via a link on Samsungs website.

TRENDING THREADS