3D et al

IntoTheVoid

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
There's a lot of fuss over 3D TV, 3D Blu-ray, and 3D broadcasts but I've not heard or seen anything about 3D projectors.

Are we stuck with 2D or is this still something to come in time?

Anyone?

A

Anonymous

I know this is probably a stupid question and I must be missing something, but what is the difference between 3D tv's and 2D ? I mean can you not play a 3D film on a 2D tv and wear glassed and it works fine ?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
what would the point of that be?

TV manufacturers have realised that they cannot upgrade PQ any more without replacing our eyes with some cyborgy bits to appreciate the difference. They scratched their heads, had a rummage in the cupboard, and decided that the next logical step in the "make the public replace all hardware every 5 years" plan is 3D.

Hurrah. Now shurrup and spend £5000 on a new telly/projector/silly glasses.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:

what would the point of that be?

TV manufacturers have realised that they cannot upgrade PQ any more without replacing our eyes with some cyborgy bits to appreciate the difference. They scratched their heads, had a rummage in the cupboard, and decided that the next logical step in the "make the public replace all hardware every 5 years" plan is 3D.

Hurrah. Now shurrup and spend £5000 on a new telly/projector/silly glasses.

Well said sir!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
emotion-2.gif

yeh, but I'd prefer cyborgy eyes. My right one's a bit astigmaticy-ish.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I've got funny eyes too. You know, one looking at you, the other looking for you. I'm just bitter really as i probably would see 3D properly.

Its still a pants idea tho. And not good pants. Cheap y-fronts from the pound shop.

TRENDING THREADS