3D Bry Ray and Denon AVR-1910

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Newbi again

Just starting to go in to the world of 3D but before i buy anything, i have been reading that older type amps like mine dont work with 3D sound i dont want to by a new amp as i have only had mine for 12 months.

I have read in the forums that there a some 3D bly Ray players with 2 hdmi sockets, how does that work, at the moment my Bly Ray goes through the amp and then into the tv.

Also could anyone recomend a 3D Blu Ray player thats plays standard dvds well as mine not very good.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kit Panasonic PZ800 / Panasonic DB80 / Denon AVR-1910 / Q Acoustics 1010i / Sky HD

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The older amps work fine with the sound on 3D Blu-rays - it's the picture they can't send through to a TV.

A player with twin HDMI outputs - such as the Panasonic '300 - has one HDMI 1.4 out, to feed the 3D picture straight to your TV, and a 1.3 one to feed the sound to a non-3D-compliant amp.

The alternative with your amp would be to buy a 3D player with multichannel analogue audio outputs, and connect these to the 'Ext In' sockets on the Denon.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for you advice

Very helpful

Sorry for sounding daft but will the hd sound from the analoge leads be the same as the through hdmi cable.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes: it'll just be decoded internally by the player's circuitry, rather than being handled by the receiver's decoder. Of course, the quality will depend on how good the player's onboard decoding is, but in my experience players offering multichannel analogue outs tend to be pretty good in this respect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts