2nd Hand Speaker questions!...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im awaiting delivery of a pair of Castle severn mk1 loudspeakers. The treble will be done by Audiolab 8000s and bottom end by Audiolab 8000p power amp.

Q1. When we talk about Running speakers in, does this apply when using 2nd hand speakers? e.g.speakers are now connected to a totally different set of amps.

Q2. Ive heard the castle severns are good at bottom end and midrange but i little weak at the top end. As i am bi-wiring via my Audiolab combo, Should i be using a low impedance thin speaker wire for treble connections? (what spec of wire should i look for?).

Q3. As i have got some good interconnects, and my speaker wire runs will add up to maybe 18m in total, (10m and 8m), ant speaker wire out there thats not to expensive.

A

Anonymous

I can only comment on Q3 in that you should keep both sets of speaker cable to the same length, I doubt the extra 2m will cost you more than £15 - £20 depending on what cable you go for.

A

Anonymous

Your speakers should be run in, assuming they've had normal usage. Keep to the same since it doesn't make a lot of difference. Unequal lengths are fine given that electricity effectively travels at nearly the speed of light.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts