2014 Samsung UHD netflix not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 116933
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 116933

Hi There peeps

Has anyone elsse encountered a problem with netflix on the new samsung UDH 4k tv's.... I was hoping to sit down and try out netflix on my new TV and have look at some 4k content but i keep getting an error message pop up.

nw-4-8

I have tried restting the home hub but to no avail. Just woundering if anyone has a work around!!!

Hope someone can help or maybe the what hi fi team could have alook and see if they could come up with a fix (if its effecting other people) it seem to be affect a few models. I have the UH 55 8500 (i think thats right)

best wishes

daveh75

From a quick peruse of google it appears to be a fairly common/known issue, and several suggested fixes that may or may not work, from unplugging from the mains for 30 seconds and pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds whilst still unplugged to updating the f/w

D

Deleted member 116933

yeah my tv actually dosn't have a power button the traditioanl sense of the word. Only a standby button on the remote.

The one connect box i have pulled out and let it power down for 5mins but hasnt made a difference. Im sure they will patch it at some point just disapointed thats all.....

best

keithk1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Spent 1 hr with Netflix Tech support on this. Netflix told me the issue is known and is due to DRM issues on 4k content. Netflix are working with Samsung to fix. Do not hold your breath on how long thus will take. I would like a refund on my UE55HU8500 as the only 4k source wont work. Disgusting. Keith

KidMisso

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an 55HU8500 and have the exact same issues. It definitely seems like a DRM issue, although a message would be helpful rather than just a black screen. My Netflix worked when I first powered the TV up and then stopped a few hours later. I got it working again by doing a factory restore but then a couple of days later the same thing happened. I have tried switching off the auto update of apps and doing a factory restore to keep the factory installed app but still after a while that stopped working too. Extremely irritating as Netflix is the only 4K source available.

D

Deleted member 116933

Fo anyone else that has probelm with this. it now been sorted..... It was to do with the ESN (eletronic serial number) Number being missing they where shipping the tv without the number and the only way to get it is to badger and mean really badger samsunge for it. One it just appeared.

cooky

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
To check your ESN key go to menu | support | contact samsung then scroll down to see if it is there.

Samsung told me that it is not something they can fix as they are waiting for a resolution from Netflix as its the app!!!

I really don't understand why they are not being helpful in trying to sort it. Just to confirm have Samsung fixed a missing ESN key. I am based in the UK.

LB

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Evening, I brought the Samsung UE55HU8500 on 20/12/2014 and got a free UHD video pack which will not play, this is the second video pack, the TV has firmware 1190, I spoke to Samsung (in Egypt I believe) on 22/12 for nearly an hour which they could not figure out why it won't work, the lady on the phone said she will get a senior technician to phone me right back, I received NO call, Any idea what's going on guy's ?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that, i purchased one seperatly from john lewis and i have had no problem with it, you are connecting it to USB 3.0 and selecting the correct source arn't you ?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that, i purchased one seperatly from john lewis and i have had no problem with it, you are connecting it to USB 3.0 and selecting the correct source arn't you ?

LB

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

Yes, USB 3 and the correct input on the TV, even Samsung support could not get it to work, they dropped me like a hot potato, I have noticed a new firmware update for the 55HU8500 (1200.4) its USB update only, does anybody know what it is ?.

LB

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon,

Just spoke to a lady at Samsung, she says that Samsung are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix, something to do with current firmware and software installed on the TV, interestingly she told me not to install update 1200.4 via USB and wait for a network update,

Hopefully they can sort the issue out so I can see some 4k.

LB

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon,

Just an update on my issue, well on 1/1/2015 my 55HU8500 updated it's self to 1200.4 firmware and I can confirm that the uhd video pack still doesn't playback on my TV, the weird thing is everything else is okay ?

It's Annoying, does anybody at what hi fi know what's going on ?

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Refering to the original question regarding 4K streaming on NetFlix, I presume you have specifically activated the 4K streaming plan on their website?

By default, 4K streaming is not usually activated unless you opt in to the plan that includes 4K.

By the way, the UHD material on NetFlix UK is a but thin but if you can get NetFlix USA it's a little better!

You can check if 4K streaming is activated if you press the INFO button on your Samsung remote and it will display the streaming resolution.

stueybonzo

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I've just bought this new What Hifi 5 star rating TV and it's also making me suffer with the Netflix NW-4-8 problem. Posts elsewhere suggest that this issue arises due to the Netflix ESN being blank, which can be found under Settings-Support info. All firmware is up to date, and Smart Hub has been reset to no avail. Hopefull Samsung tech support can assist on Monday....

stueybonzo

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Strange, but the following day the ESN was populated. Netflix appeared to have some downtime at the exact moment I was trying to connect as well seemingly. Here's the quick response I received from Samsung UK Support the next day for others that may be experiencing this issue:

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing with Netflix. In order to generate a Netflix ESN please could you turn on the wireless hotspot on a smartphone (if you have one) and connect your TV to the hotspot by going to MENU>NETWORK>NETWORK SETTINGS and selecting a wireless network. Once connecting to a hotspot it may take up to 20 minutes for the TV to generate a number. Please note that mobile data charges may be incurred depending on your plan/contract.

If this does not work, or you do not have a smartphone, please follow these steps:

1) Turn off your router

2) With the TV in Standby press INFO, MENU, MUTE then turn the TV on using the TV remote.

3) A blue menu should appear after a few seconds. On this menu select OPTIONS, FACTORY RESET then FACTORY RESET again.

4) The TV will then turn itself off

5) Turn the router back on then wait for all of the lights to turn blue/green depending on your router brand

6) Once all the lights are on, turn on the TV and proceed with the TV set up. This will involve connecting to your home network again.

7) The TV should then generate the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) and NEtflix should become available for use.

D

Deleted member 116933

Strange i never did any that i gave them my serial number and really having a go at them is all i did, it was there the next day. they will tell you its nothing to do with them to save face and then it appear. There are aware that certain tv's are being shipped with no inertnal serial number. That means they are breaking the law and would have to do a recall on affected units but because they can now take control of the TV remotely they can do it when you not watching it. So magically appears!!!! strange that

Big brother there i tell yeah

TRENDING THREADS