20 best Blu-rays for picture and sound

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

FennerMachine said:
Samsung LE32R87DB 32"

04th December 2013

Julian from Display Calibration

(If you see this Julian, I hope you don't mind me posting the above info. Just to add, I like the job you did and I do not regret the cost. Very reasonable. When I eventually replace my TV I will use you to calibrate it).
Same guy I used too. I was also very pleased.

Your TV isn't full HD, so it would be downscaling blu ray. Not sure if that would be the reason, or your TV may not reveal full details in darkness. My projector and TV both showed good details in the dark scenes in the film.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What has size got to do with it?

I sit less than 8 feet away.

I could maybe go to 40" but would need full HD, making writing difficult to read in video games at native resolution, especially my old consoles!

FennerMachine said:
What has size got to do with it?

I sit less than 8 feet away.

I could maybe go to 40" but would need full HD, making writing difficult to read in video games at native resolution, especially my old consoles!

It's not the size. The cost of calibration would've been nearly the same as your TV. Usually, people calibrate large TVs, as the cost is usually less than 20% of the price of the TV.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Amazing, Interstellar was pants as a movie, how'd it even make this 'list' ?

Weird !

You very clearly missed the bit in my first post, starting this thread, where I said:

Son_of_SJ said:
Just remember, this list is assessing the Blu-ray's picture and/or sound quality. This list is not primarily assessing the film's merits as regards the plot

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts