2 good floorstander reviews - which one would you choose?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What HiFi have reviewed the Q acoustics 2050 and the Monitor Audio BX5s floorstandeing speakers both well. I have old Mission 780SE's (remember them?) on stands and am looking for a fuller sound with deeper bass.

My source is via a Logitech Duet Squeezebox (FLAC) and a Marantz 66SE signature Amp. I like the idea of the 2050's because of their reputation for a full bass but have not got an opportunity to hear them side by side or read any comparative reviews. Can anyone advise or share their experience of owning either of these?

A

Anonymous

I'd choose the one I liked best.

From my limited audition (wasn't buying) the Q Acoustics would have been my pick, but my friend preferred the MAs.

Auditioning is the only way.

uk144:

What HiFi have reviewed the Q acoustics 2050 and the Monitor Audio BX5s floorstandeing speakers both well. I have old Mission 780SE's (remember them?) on stands and am looking for a fuller sound with deeper bass.

My source is via a Logitech Duet Squeezebox (FLAC) and a Marantz 66SE signature Amp. I like the idea of the 2050's because of their reputation for a full bass but have not got an opportunity to hear them side by side or read any comparative reviews. Can anyone advise or share their experience of owning either of these?

You need an audition. Make sure you factor in how far from the wall the prospective speakers are sited - and room size.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts