2 Channel music advice

CDAudio

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello my friends

New here and would like to ask for some advice on 2 channel music.

Current devices I use as follows

Monitor Audio RS6 AV surround speakers with Velodyne 10" SW
Yamaha RX-A2000 AV receiver
Panasonic Bluray Player
WD Live TV

I wanted to focus a bit more on 2 channel music. Currently playing music from the Bluray player and WD Live TV. But something is missing!

Option 1 - I buy a dedicated CD player and connect to the AV Receiver and on to the RS6 front speakers. If so what kind of cable is better ie HDMI, Optical, Coaxial or analogue.

Option 2 - I buy and Arcam rDAC and put all my music (mostly FLAC and WAV) from the WD Live TV to rDAC and to the AV Receiver and on to the RS6 front speakers. If so what kind of cable is better ie HDMI, Optical, Coaxial or analogue.

Option 3 - Can anyone suggest please? Thanks in advance

My budget is about 500 pounds

A

Anonymous

option 1 - use analogue interconnect

option 2 - use coaxial interconnect between WD and rDAC, analogue onwards

option 3 - get yourself a dedicated 2-channel power amp on loan/demo/money-back and see how much that improves the sound.

CDAudio

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Two years later I decided to invest on a Rega Brio-r and Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. OMG to the power of n!!!!!!

I never realised music could sound this better. I feel stupid and happy at the same time. Stupid that I did not do this earlier and happy because I did it atleast now.

I am going through all my music as they have all come alive again. I love music!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Gold star for thread resurrection lol !
smiley-laughing.gif

But yes the short answer (with a big dose of IMHO) is that home theatre and music are two different animals and should be treated as such. I see lots of people with HT say they dont listen to much music, but then they get/hear a dedicated 2 channel setup and they suddenly want to listen to music again.

Enjoy your kit ! :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts