14 of the best Dolby Atmos movie scenes to test your home cinema sound

Utopianemo

Jul 20, 2021
Visit site
The article is a bit old now, but it's still worth mentioning that the Gravity Blu-Ray you linked to is not in Atmos, nor is it in 4K. The only version of Gravity with the Atmos soundtrack, to my knowledge, is the Special Edition, released back in 2015. It's impossible to buy today, although the Japanese 3D version may include the Atmos soundtrack....but at $115.77, I'm not willing to find out!

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
If you want a seriously good Atmos soundtrack attached to an OK movie that you can get on Blu Ray at a bargain price: The Man From U.N.C.L.E (2015)

Even the music in the opening titles lets you know you're in for something special for your system.

waterford82

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
I’m sure I’m missing out as most of my Atmos experience has been through streaming titles. Also I have the up firing Atmos speakers. But I’m still going to say Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision aren’t delivering like I thought they would. I’m in the process of upgrading my entire system from new speakers to 4K Blu-ray player to new AVR. I’ve been reading about Auro 3-D and it’s more immersive sound . Even the format’s ability to play Atmos content which appeals to me. Any thoughts on the subject? The speaker placement makes way more sense to me in an Auro 3-D set up. And I don’t have to go loudspeaker crazy e.g 11.1 etc.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I’m sure I’m missing out as most of my Atmos experience has been through streaming titles. Also I have the up firing Atmos speakers. But I’m still going to say Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision aren’t delivering like I thought they would. I’m in the process of upgrading my entire system from new speakers to 4K Blu-ray player to new AVR. I’ve been reading about Auro 3-D and it’s more immersive sound . Even the format’s ability to play Atmos content which appeals to me. Any thoughts on the subject? The speaker placement makes way more sense to me in an Auro 3-D set up. And I don’t have to go loudspeaker crazy e.g 11.1 etc.
After trying a full Atmos system, I went with a simple 5.1.2 for myself. Admittedly in a small room but I found rear/side to be more distracting than immersive. To me, it made more sense to spend the budget on better LCR speakers than on rear/side/presence. After all, I want my attention on the screen. Maybe I'd want to be looking over my shoulder more often if I watched horror.

A *lot* of the immersion comes from getting your setup right. To me, if you work hard on your LR to get a really solid phantom centre you get the best results.

kobs

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
I'm new to this site and Atmos, I recently bought a Denon 3700H and my set up is 7.1.2 for now. What I'm not getting is when I put on a blu ray advertised as "Atmos" all my AVR display is telling me is the beginning of the presentation is in Atmos, the actual movie is in DTS HD +UDH or something, is this normal? The sound is great but the display doesn't say "Atmos" when the movie is playing.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm new to this site and Atmos, I recently bought a Denon 3700H and my set up is 7.1.2 for now. What I'm not getting is when I put on a blu ray advertised as "Atmos" all my AVR display is telling me is the beginning of the presentation is in Atmos, the actual movie is in DTS HD +UDH or something, is this normal? The sound is great but the display doesn't say "Atmos" when the movie is playing.
If it says DTS anything, it's not Atmos. DTS is a company; Atmos is by Dolby, a different company. Your Blu-Ray player is probably set to prefer DTS for some reason.

kobs

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
I bought a new one and yes it was my older BR player's fault, I watched "ready player one" last night and it was in glorious Atmos loll. Thanks for the reply Arron ; )

PTG

Nov 6, 2022
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can get Jurassic World Dominion in Dolby Atmos in the UK outside of Apple TV? The 4k blu-ray doesn’t say it has a digital download with an atmos version and despite buying the movie on the Apple TV+ app, it will only play on my laptop as the Apple TV+ app on my LG TV will not play movies you have purchased which is so frustrating. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts