admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have a panasonic 37lzd 80 ,i would like to know how do i know if its running at 24 fps when i watch a bluray the bluray says 24 fps but is the tv,running the same, does it do it automaticaly or do you have to switch it on.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
If your BD player is outputting at 24fps then you are watching a 24fps image as one beauty with a HDMI connection is that both bits of equipment "talk" to each other so when you initially set them up your BD player would automatically select athe highest resolution for your screen being 1080p and will happily output 24htz encoded BD software at a native 24FPS.

There will be a button on your Panasonic TV reomte that will display on screen your INPUT info showing you what resolution you image is set to.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

You will soon find that if you have the tv set at 24p "on"....... you will have terrible motion blurring...... same as my TX 37 LZD85, and BD 30 blu ray player. Panasonic recomends turning 24p off at tv if blurring is too bad........ but in my eyes , picture quality is not as good, and ruins HD effect.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
But does 24p really make a difference ? My TV is 1080p but not 24p. I do not notice any motion issues at all, no matter what I watch. is this a case of just not knowing what 24p looks like, but I just don't see a reason to get a 24p TV when mine is fine.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, the 24p setting on my tv, is a complete waste of time.......it makes watching blu-ray films unbearable...... in fact i dont know how Panasonic get away with selling the tv's with it on ! Its so bad i have stopped buying and playing blu-ray films

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
STEVETYPER but its possible to select 60 p on watching blu-ray isn't it? I also think its bad to watch 24p especially on big screens

A

Anonymous

STEVETYPER:To be honest, the 24p setting on my tv, is a complete waste of time.......it makes watching blu-ray films unbearable...... in fact i dont know how Panasonic get away with selling the tv's with it on ! Its so bad i have stopped buying and playing blu-ray films

There is not a '24p' setting on the Panasonic, so you cannot turn it on or off. What you are referring to is the '24p Film' setting which has a very misleading name. This is not turning 24p on or off, but instead switches on (or off) Panasonic's version of Sony's Motionflow which is a method of smoothing fast movement by adding artificial frames to the 24 frames coming from a Blu-ray. Whatever it is called and whatever make of set, this type of 'enhancement' tends to add odd artefacts to the picture and is better left turned off if you want to see the film as the director intended.

A

Anonymous

Alsina....... its just a shame i have to turn the 24p off, because the HD pic on blu-ray, def looks better with it switched on, until you get sudden movement, or a pattern in background, then things go wrong....... just seems a waste of time to me

A

Anonymous

EAR....... to be honest im getting totally confused with the whole 24p and 24 fps issue...... all i do know is, im not impressed with my Pan TX 37 lzd85 tv

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I dont have a blu-ray player yet, but when i go to the stores , sometimes I think I am viewing not a movie but a sequence of still photos that seem very unnatural to me. If I buy a blu-ray player I'm going to be sure there is an option on it so that i can select 60p instead of 24 p.The more choice the better.

TRENDING THREADS