Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Looks interesting, Not a bad price on Amazon at the moment.

To answer your questions. How do they sound and compare? Well, keep in mind that these are; (quoting) ”all vinyl cut from new 24 bit / 96k sources[/b]”. This box set is not recorded from the original master tapes but from a digital file. So my guess would be that the original first pressings probably sound the best as they are sourced from the master tapes. As for the Gold CD version, I usually like the sound of Vinyl more than CD versions, even if it's a digital copy on vinyl.

If you can get a good price on the box set then why not? It still will sound good enough. Plus they are brand new. I'm considering a box set for myself because the price seems low enough now for it here in the States.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
The price I saw on Amazon USA is only $185.99. However, I'm not sure what version it is? This one has a cardboard box, not a metal one. Here is the info:

"The Complete Island Recordings includes 11LPs packaged in a rigid card box with lift top lid, and wrapped in silver paper that simulates the brushed metal finish of a zippo lighter. The box includes all nine Bob Marley & The Wailers studio albums recorded for Island Records, featuring their most celebrated releases, including Catch A Fire, their 1973 label debut, and Rastaman Vibration, their 1976 breakthrough album in the United States, along with two live albums Live! and Babylon By Bus."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts