£800 to do 2 jobs

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I will have m/short mezzo2's at the front on stands mezzo5 centre and mezzo 1's at the rears on stands come april the 3rd i have been and listened to them at R/S {leicester} and was impresssed that will set me back 1050, i have 800 left to get a blu ray player and a av amp i want to start buying music blu rays and i have 260ish cds so music is a big part of my choice of speakers i looked at various sat/sub setups and were not that impreessed i though i need a sub but i can wait till may and get a 100-200 pound one then.

so my main question is i will be playing music through my blu ray for a 3-4 months till i can get a cd player and what blu ray and av amp is good for music. Plus is hd audio needed plus my partner will watch a lot of films in 5.1 so i need to do the 2 jobs well i it possible or am i wanting to much for 800 pound

many thanks simon

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the only advice i can give you is get an av amp with pre outs .ive got the same speaker setup as you hooked up to an onkyo 605 and i have no pre outs for a stereo amp wich i plan to get for cd play back.so it means ive got to get a new av amp first witch is really anoying as im more than happy with my onkyo with movie soundtracks.so whatever av amp you get recomended if your not happy with it when playing cds at least you can get a stereo amp at a later date witch should sound better than any av amp.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs:
I will have m/short mezzo2's at the front on stands mezzo5 centre and mezzo 1's at the rears on stands come april the 3rd i have been and listened to them at R/S {leicester} and was impresssed that will set me back 1050, i have 800 left to get a blu ray player and a av amp i want to start buying music blu rays and i have 260ish cds so music is a big part of my choice of speakers i looked at various sat/sub setups and were not that impreessed i though i need a sub but i can wait till may and get a 100-200 pound one then.

so my main question is i will be playing music through my blu ray for a 3-4 months till i can get a cd player and what blu ray and av amp is good for music. Plus is hd audio needed plus my partner will watch a lot of films in 5.1 so i need to do the 2 jobs well i it possible or am i wanting to much for 800 pound

many thanks simon

Right. This is all about balance. I agree with the other poster, if you want good cd playback, you will be much better off getting a stereo amp and an AV receiver. I would go for the Sony STR-DA2400es which has the required pre outs. You can get this receiver for around the £370 mark (especially if you don't mind a silver one!). The best budget Bluray player has to be the Sony BDPS350 at £160. This would leave you with around £400 for an amp. Remember prices are going up so it might be worth hunting for a bargain on ebay. At this price range, I would normally say Creek Evo. However, I had one and although it's great, it cannot work with an AV receiver (the reason I sold mine). Many people on here rate the Nad budget amps highly or you could try to source a Marantz 7000ki which is supposedly very good. As for cd player, you could do a lot worse than what I do and get a DAC and use your BD player as the transport.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts