£800 for a decent amp and speakers can i do it ??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

thanks , i do like the idea of that yamaha rxv-765 for £370 plus £30 delivery , that equates to e450 , e10 more than the denon 1910 , which i can get here , 4 stars vs 5 , but when reviewed the yamaha was £550 , choices choices ...

still open to suggestions...

A

Anonymous

ear:as for the missions..no sub included on front speakersthats right ear , no sub built in , but i can get one later , theres no way i can demo if i buy an amp from the uk , but it doesnt really matter , coming from just tv speakers ill probably be very happy with any of them amps ..

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
i wouldn go for speakers if i didnt like their sound for stereo.its been a while since I heard missions..but I listened to those and I didnt like them at all..the 75... series were great!guews if you could hear them first..and then make a choice.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
its now easy to buy floorstanders...the best ones are bass light.I always get better sound through standmounters even for big open spaces.but i also got a 5.q with floorstanders pack.they are not very bad , and they can always serve the purpose to be stands for other speakers lol.

A

Anonymous

yes it would be good if i could demo , but id have to drive 100 miles to dublin , and they dont have the missions , no , ill just get them , and a decent amp , if i dont ill end up spending the money ..

anyway im mad to hear this hd sound everyone keeps going on about (gel , im talking to you)

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
the missions could sound a bit bright..but the denon has equalizer for each of the speakers(im almost shure) .

A

Anonymous

I recently got the Denon AVR1910 and the Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema package. I'm finding them absolutely wonderful and would highly recommend them. They cost me £500 for the speakers and £400 for the receiver. I know it's a bit over your budget, but you may be able to find them a little cheaper, especially if you look online. Alternatively if you could beg, borrow or steal the extra £100 I'm certain you wouldn't regret it.

A

Anonymous

the main reason im going for the missions (even though they are a 4 year old set) is because of the floorstanders , and of course the price , i just feel they will look better stood either side of my tv than bookshelf speakers , but i was wondering if i got these stands would the q accoustics be a better package than the missions ??

Q%20Acoustics%202000ST.jpg

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
max, how far are you from Munstersounds ( Cork ) as he has the Mission M33i ?200 and the M30 ?100, no centre.......he may have something that would suffice....

He also has the Denon 1910, Yamahas, Onkyo and Pioneer Amps , at least you could demo with the Missions before you decide??

A

Anonymous

dav1967:
You will find a review here for those Mission speaker pckage

http://hcc.techradar.com/node/6370
thanks dav , great review actually , the reviewer said that the missions were quite sensitive , that they didnt need a strong amp to drive them , hmmm , could i get away with a cheaper amp then i wonder ?? maybe i dont need a 1910 ?? any thoughts anybody..

A

Anonymous

Torres09:
max, how far are you from Munstersounds ( Cork ) as he has the Mission M33i ?200 and the M30 ?100, no centre.......he may have something that would suffice....

He also has the Denon 1910, Yamahas, Onkyo and Pioneer Amps , at least you could demo with the Missions before you decide??

hi torres , cork is a handy spin for me , i hadnt heard of munstersounds before , cheers ..

i checked the website but could find no missions , were you talking to him ?? is that e200 for a pair of m33is and e100 for a pair of m30s ?? if so it sounds good ..ta..

EDIT .. found em , so that would be e300 for the fronts and sats , ill ring him tmw , or tue , the superfi deal is working out at e450 before exchange charges , probably e470 all in , and id have to wait a few weeks , hmmmm , munstersounds looks a better option , if he doesnt have a suitable centre speaker , ill get one later .. i wont be demoing to be honest , the missions will do , the budget has shrunk since yday
emotion-10.gif
slancha...
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

oh lordy , cheapest price for the m3c2 centre is £129.95 .. from superfi .. thats about e190 delivered
emotion-7.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
max, i'd take a spin over, he has loads of good gear and knows his stuff.........might be able to sort out a suitable amp

I travelled to him a few times, yep from Dublin, but hav'ent been down in a few years .....

A

Anonymous

cheers torres , would you say hed price match ? sevenoaks are doing the denon 1910 for e440 , thats a great price , hes looking for e499..

i will defo take a trip down , whats he like to do a deal if your buying amp , speakers and cables ??

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Not sure on the price match, however when i was getting my HiFi gear he always done me a good deal ( if it's the same owner nowadays ? )

If your getting a full Amp & Speaker package he'll defo do a deal, if not just walk away...

max, you know you can get gear from RS Belfast through Boards.ie ( Shipping is usually £12-£20 ) ......

A

Anonymous

oh i didnt know that re richer sounds , ill have a gander , not much in the belfast store according to the website though , the prices seem much higher than the uk too , as i say ill defo head down to cork on wednesday either way , if i could get the 1910 , front and rear missions and cable for e700 id take it ... thanks again ..

are these worth the dough ??

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
oh i didnt know that re richer sounds , ill have a gander , not much in the belfast store according to the website though , the prices seem much higher than the uk too , as i say ill defo head down to cork on wednesday either way , if i could get the 1910 , front and rear missions and cable for e700 id take it ... thanks again ..

are these worth the dough ??

Bit of a mixed bag there max, as that is not a dedicated 1010i centre speaker and personally, i dont know much about the Yamaha Sub, also buying something like that from an Ebay seller i'd say the postage charges ( which the seller are going to dictate ) are gonna be almost the same as the speaker package
emotion-4.gif

Tempting if your in the UK and can demo and collect, however...........

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
max, regarding the RS.ie website that's dormant so i would'nt bother with it, check the .com site and through Boards.ie you can get almost anything from RS through the Belfast store

Check this link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

They also own the Philips Store, Dame Street, Dublin which they offer 10% Boards discount on Philips product

D

Deleted member 2457

Maxflinn, without giving too much away, i just wanted to say big well done
emotion-21.gif
that will go brilliantly with your new system.

A

Anonymous

er , do you know something i dont ?? what will go well with my new system
emotion-40.gif

but cheers anyway
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

er, how can i put this without giving to much away, your the thread of the month winner.
emotion-21.gif
you need to buy this months what hi fi mag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts