£600 UPGRADE

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi, my system is vinyl based i'm using a project debut 3 se, nad-c352 and a pair of dali lektor 2's. I have some spare cash to give my system a boost, normally the source would be a good bet but as i have only had my turntable for a few months i don't want to chop it in just yet unless upgrading to a rega rp3 would be really worth it?

The nad has been in use for years so i'm thinking maybe a solid amp is the way to go, kinda building from the ground up and then pimping the deck with a better cartridge and some new speakers.. Some adive would be great.

Jamie.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Turntables usually show quite big differences, as their quality is down to engineering rather than solid state components. An RP3 would be my next step if I had your system.

I half agree, though my inclination would be to go for a much bigger upgrade and make a real difference.

That would require a somewhat larger budget though. As always it depends on the OP, but I found spending too little often ended in disappointment.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree that small jumps are pointless, and upgrades are only really worth making if they're a genuinely big enough jump. In this case, I feel an RP3 will be, as its a big enough jump over the RP1.

Oy veh! Enough of the Rega's already.

Welcome to the forum Jimm.

Biggest upgrade you can make at the moment is to change that cartridge, always assuming it is still fitted with the Ortofon OM10se.

Changing the very source is the way to go considering the rest of your system. In my opinion simply changing the turntable (and nothing else) will not make a significant difference. Next job is those speakers but then your budget is not sufficient for a large upgrade there.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Just before people start spending your money for you.

What is driving your upgrade wish? What displeases you with your system? Have you heard something that has made you sit up and take notice? Room size, what is your listening pleasure? These questions are the sort of thing people need to know before they can have any hope of giving you decent advice.

Oh, welcome to the Forum, as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts