£54.000 ypsilon pre amp and mono blocks?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
http://www.ypsilonelectronics.com/products/ here is the link and here is the question.... wat sorts of improvements should a guy expect from a £54.000 amplification set up compared to a lts say audio researchreference 110 cupled with maching pre amp?(under £20.000 i believe ) and with such an expensive piece wat speakers do you use wat cables wat interconnects ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I've got 4 of these powering some Bush micro speakers and they sound awful.[/quote]

ROFL!!!!!

Reminds me of the (integrated) Audionote Ongaku, £55,000... but WHF gave it five stars and said it is "simply the best amplifier mankind can create"... but they also said that "When your hifi costs more than your house... you're ill"

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I've got 4 of these powering some Bush micro speakers and they sound awful.[/quote]
Really? Coz I've got a Bush micro system driving a pair of old German Physik Gaudis I happened to have lying around and it sounds great, at least for a second system anyway...

A

Anonymous

I'm a little lost, are you saying that you have FOUR £54,000 amps? Or you have four £54.00 amps? Sorry if i'm sounding stupid, it's just scary if you have four of those and say it's no good! Lol

A

Anonymous

I just have the 2 driving some old Matsui speakers i found in the loft, they too sound bad.............maybe they deserve better amplification....hmmmmm..............sorry.

matthewpiano

I think you'd have to be completely bonkers to spend that sort of money. I actually reckon it would take half the enjoyment out of hi-fi. Some of the pleasure is in putting together unlikely combinations or bargain products and getting a sound way above its price-point. And anyway - my NAD would put up a good fight against the ypsilons.......!!!??!!

A

Anonymous

is this guy serious ? 2 £54.000 sets of monos thats £108.000 and you get some old speakers from the loft ? they sound bad you say ?try getting some decent speakers ! or try saing the truth cos i dont believe you got a second set of monos for 54k if you didnt like the sound no frikking way!!!

A

Anonymous

OMG am I the only person that understood the joke?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Nah, I'm being serious. But after all these comments it appears my speakers weren't good enough so I've unplugged them. Damn things are making no noise at all now.

Hmmm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts