£500 Upgrade

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for your advice regarding an upgrade. I've just got a new job and was looking to spend about £500 on my home cinema system tomorrow. It's currently a 5.1 consisting of a Tannoy SFX sub, and satellites and the front 3are MA Apex, the AVR is a Sony DN610. I'm thinking of a new AVR but am worried that my budget isn't enough. Should I wait until I could spend a bit more. My current thoughts were the pioneer 2022.

Thanks, Ashley

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
well the apex will work well with the pioneer.im not sure how your set up got where it is today,but iv been there too(b&w 600 at the front and £15 speakers at the back and no sub)not good.save the money and buy the rest of the apex ie sub and rears.thats the best way and upgrade the amp when you r ready.

The Apex will perform much better with Pioneer LX56 as a minimum (ideally LX76 or 86). I would recommend a phased upgrade, first starting with speakers and then going for the receiver when funds allow. The Denon AVR3313 can be had for a bargain price, & will drive the Apex beautifully.

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks BB. I had also looked at the Denons. I am right in thinking that the 2313 is similar to the 3313, less a few features. Or are there differences in the amplification and power supply as well. I will be finishing of the 5.1 Apex set, but where I am there isn't room in the surrounds at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts