£500 budget for receiver and speakers

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks to anyone who replied to my previous threads but I am still in need of some advice.

I have managed to rework my budget and now have £500 for a receiver and speakers. I was all but set to go for the Yamaha rxv375 and Boston soundware speakers but now my budget is slightly more I can't help but think that maybe this is not the right choice.

I want a system that is good at steering effects and that can handle detail and dialogue as well as the loud action scenes. I'm not really bothered about 2 channel sound for music as I already have a dedicated seperate system for that.

Thanks and any help and advice would be much appreciated as I really can't decide if spending more money would give me a better sound.

Yhanks

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
At that price point its a tough call as to whether to look at a receiver & speaker package, or a decent all in one system:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-bdv-n7100w_Surround-Sound-System_review

A

Anonymous

mr malarky said:
At that price point its a tough call as to whether to look at a receiver & speaker package, or a decent all in one system:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-bdv-n7100w_Surround-Sound-System_review

I'm also interested!

I have noticed this system on sale here in Luxembourg for 450 EUR or about 370 GBP and would be interested to know how does perform compared to something like the Yamaha 375 + BA XS or the 375 + QA 2000i, if it's really much worse.

Thanks!

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I would definately be going for a seperate speaker package and receiver, I have just sold my panasonic all in one system and I would like to go for seperate componentsnthis time round.

@bigboss i was just looking at the tannoy speaker package a moment ago. Am i right in saying that i would not see much difference in sound quality between the Yamaha and any other receivers upto £250? As well as the Yamaha 375 I was also looking at the 475 or the marantz nr1504, any idea if these woud be worth while?

thanks

TRENDING THREADS