£2.5k to spend on TV (3D or Projector)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I know Andy. I just need to get round the corner onto my PC before I can answer it!
emotion-1.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Replied
emotion-1.gif

When I chose my projector, I found that most projectors had at least one drawback, and that it was a case of seeing which projector ticked my important boxes. For me, the main concern was noise levels, as the projector is on a shelf about a a foot and a half above behind my head. My other important aspects were lamp life, warranty, no picture issues (like rainbow effect on DLP), and obviously, a good picture
emotion-1.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
there is one 3d projector though it might not be true standards my mate has bought it, with yes nothing other than ps3 game to put through it. It is only 3d ready and the brand is optoma i think and it is around £600 ill try and ring him and get model number for you

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Currently, there are no 3D projectors available to buy. I know there was a bit of talk of some of the Optomas being able to be upraded to 3D with a software update, but I think this is yet to be proven, although I didn't follow the story fully. The projector was available before 3D was officially announced, so the actual 3D capability of the projector is not yet known. Like I say, I may be wrong as I haven't followed the story recently, so would need to check that out.

And if I remember rightly, it's a 720p projector.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts