£1500 budget on flat screen TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, after much nagging and moaning I have been given the green light from the wife to buy another TV. I have £1500 max to play with and I am looking at full HD and 42 - 50 inches. I would be greatful for any suggestions and reasons for the choices, cheers lee.

A

Anonymous

I've seen an offer on the latest Sharp series. So new that even Sharp UK tech support doesn't know about it (there's a bit about 'em on the home screen here, tho).

I was quoted (on Tottenham Court Road, so deals are there to be done) £1199 for a 46" LCD 72Hz Aquos and £1460 for the 100Hz version. If you buy one, they're also offereing a deal on their latest BluRay player - £200 off!!

I'm seriously thinking about this and am going back to do a serious test over the weekend. The player seems to be the only one around that supports HDMI 1.3 and all the forwards functionality that should offer. And at a net of £199 it's potentially a steal. The screens have a fast 4ms refresh rate and the brief test I saw looked pretty good in terms of blacks, contrast and fast movement.

Check out the LC46X20E or LC46XL2E on the Sharp site. The BR player's the BD HP20H. The offer's on there, too although their prices are higher.

Good luck.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="MrLee"]
Hi, after much nagging and moaning I have been given the green light from the wife to buy another TV. I have £1500 max to play with and I am looking at full HD and 42 - 50 inches. I would be greatful for any suggestions and reasons for the choices, cheers lee.

[/quote]

Hi Lee

You are a mere three days away from the Awards issue, which will have the best of the best TVs at every screen size, plus the existing, November issue has a Supertest of 42in screens....

This thread on top Full HD 42in sets should also be useful.

A

Anonymous

The Pioneer 428xd is about 1500 quid, both the november issue and the awards issue rated it the best 42inch tv around!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts