£100-200 to spend on over ear headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all I am after some advice been using v-moda in ear untill the plug snapped off reciently. Now wanting some over the ear headphones will be using them whilst away with work/holidays but not for commuting so portability is not a major concern however not too large. With this in mind I have been looking at closed back mainly I like the idea of semi closed but not sure how much leakage you get from them? Music wise I listern to a wide selection, mainly accoustic/vocals and movies so a good but not overpowering bass will help. A detachable cable would be a nice to have as this looks like the weak link. Short list Fischer FA-003 (but cant find a uk seller) Shure SH840 ATH A700 DT770 Ultrasone HIFI 580 or pro DT880 Pro semi open? Not asking for I know:blush: Looking forward for your help Thamks:smashin:

A

Anonymous

All I kept thinking whilst reading your post is Goldring NS1000s, which are smaller than they look and have a detachable cable.

They're only £54.99 delivered so you could save some lolly and get exactly what you require. If you require noise cancelling, of course, although some like the sound when it's switched off too.
smiley-laughing.gif

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
About open/closed back: open back basically put the save volume out the back as goes into your ears. If you are planning on being in the same room as others whilst listening, probably best to avoid them...

Unfortunately, my experience with closed/semi closed 'phones is limited, so I won't post any headphone recommendations.

idc

You get sound leak from all phones to one extent or another, depending on what volume you listen at. The Goldrings leak a surprising amount for being closed backed and in a quiet room someone near by could still hear so noise, but probably not what you are listening to. Even IEMs are capable of leaking noise. The two quietest headphones I have experienced are the Sennheiser PX200 portable and the AKG K271 MkII. The semi open AKGs I have are not too bad and not as bad as the open backed headphones where you can clearly hear what is being listened to.

Of your short list I have had a short audition of the Shures and liked them. They isolated well and did not leak too much sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts