Zone 2 sound adjustment functionality

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Can people please recommend an amp that allows you to adjust the zone 2 sound settings like you can in zone 1? Aware a lot don't have this functionality.

I like pioneer amps if they have one? But any brand will do. Under £500 please. Cheers

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What are you trying to adjust? Most receivers, I think, use the same EQ settings for a second zone as they do the first, and control is limited to on / off and volume.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. My pioneer vsx924 doesn't let you adjust any settings except volume. If it mirrored zone 1 sound settings that would be fine. But you can't amend any speaker settings on the set up. It just seems to play absolute direct and sounds naff to be honest. Thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Without knowing all the other variables - like your music pferences, second zone speakers, what speaker cable you're using, how long those cables are,....

further comment really isn't possible.

FWIW I've never really considered the second zone output as being for anything much more than muzak service.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Without knowing all the other variables - like your music pferences, second zone speakers, what speaker cable you're using, how long those cables are,....

further comment really isn't possible.

FWIW I've never really considered the second zone output as being for anything much more than muzak service.

the speakers are exactly the same as zone 1. I like how zone 1 sounds. The fact is I can't seem to change any of the settings on zone 2 like I can with zone 1. If I could it would be all good! Speaker cable same length, speakers are same, love the sound of what I listen to on zone 1. Just wondered if there were Amps that you could change zone 2 as I'm sure all would be ok then. Thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't know your receiver but if it has pre-amp outputs you could run an RCA cable to a stereo amp in the second zone. If it has a fibre optic or coaxial digital output you could run that as well or instead.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. It's a pioneer vsx924. I'd be happy to sell this and buy another if there was one that allowed me to do this. Any recommendations? Thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Marantz 6012 or its Denon equivalent. The Marantz has pre-amp outs for all eleven decoded channels, two subs AND zone 2.

Earlier 601? models may be available discounted or second hand.

Not too many AVRs have fibre optic or coaxial digital outputs AFAIK, however, which is a shame, but part of how they keep the prices down I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts