admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
'Zodiac' apparently holds the honour of being the first film shot entirely in 1080p high definition with digital Thompson Viper Filmstream cameras. As such, the Blu-ray edition's 1080p/AVC-encoded transfer has been pressed straight from its digital source

So why can't all films be made like this and are we therefore being sold short on the transfer quality of many other Blu Ray discs

I haven't seen Zodiac yet but intend to get it soon on Blu Ray...but I also suspect that just perhaps this movie should have got top honours over No Country for Old Men which quite frankly bored the long johns of me and which I'm so glad I didn't have to buy as a work colleague lent it to me

A

Anonymous

Not actually sure what that means. Even if Fincher has ditched film cameras you won't see a difference in definition, only the switch to digital which many think as unnatural in these early days of digital cinema.

A

Anonymous

Traditional film apparently has a higher resolution than 1080p. This is why some of the older movies which appear on bluray can look stunning as though filmed very recently.

The digitisation and tranfer stages are where the quality we get to see matters most. For example the latest bluray Bond movies such as From Russia With Love/ Dr No were painstakingly cleaned and restored but the original resolution had to be good enough to withstand this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts