Your Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones Recommendations?

BWV 988

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I won't bore you with the details but I am ill. I have gone from being fit and healthy to spending most of my time in bed or in a wheelchair.

I love music and have thousands of albums but I never saw the need for a fancy stereo or music system . I was ripping CDs to hard disks long before than iPod. These days I can't spend that much time in front of my computer as it's painful and bad for my legs. My seloution? Buy a good pair of wireless headphones and you my iPhone/iPad to control iTunes.

The problem? I have no clue what I'm looking for; Do I want wirless or bluetooth? etc. The price ins't really an issue but I feel a lot of the time you are paying for the brand eg. "Beats" etc. and I would prefer not to waste my money on expensive rubbish. So I would apprieacite it if you could recomend something.

I could comfterably spend £1,500 to £2,000 if I had to. If you thought it was worth going higher I could. Ovbiously if the best headphones were £9.99 I'd be exstatic but I doubt that will be the case.

So your wireless and or bluetooth headphones recommendations please?

Thanks for your time,

Kind Regards,

BWV 988

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Does it need to be headphones or would you be better off with speakers that you could control with your devices?

I say that because after a couple of hours most headphones will get hot and uncomfortable. If you are struggling a bit for mobility then speakers may be better as you could use them for 12 hours and just enjoy.

Have a look at these.

http://www.whathifi.com/nocs/ns2-v2/review

Given the circumstances, and apologies for trading here, but if you are interested in them then I would like to offer them at no margin on trade price.

BWV 988

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
JoelSim said:
Does it need to be headphones or would you be better off with speakers that you could control with your devices?

I say that because after a couple of hours most headphones will get hot and uncomfortable. If you are struggling a bit for mobility then speakers may be better as you could use them for 12 hours and just enjoy.

Have a look at these.

http://www.whathifi.com/nocs/ns2-v2/review

Given the circumstances, and apologies for trading here, but if you are interested in them then I would like to offer them at no margin on trade price.

Thank you very much Joel for replying and for your offer. No apologies necessary I am touched you would be prepared to do that for me it is most kind of you and I feel terrible I have to decline. Speakers are not suitable as I live in a house with other people one of whom works from home most of the time.

I also have never really liked speakers it's one of the reasons I've never bought myself a good sound system. When I was younger about 13 (I'm 25 now) I bought a pair of Sony wirless headphones they cost £45 at the time I thought they were the best thing in the world.

They used AA battires and got very hot and I could have them on for 18 hours during summer holidays and it wasn't a problem. I gather with higher-grade equipment the heat issue may be more of a factor though? So it's something to consider thank you for bringing it to my attention.

My local Hi-Fi store will order just about anything in for me and will allow a 30 day home trial so I wouldn't be stuck with whatever I decide to purchase.

Thank you again for your time and generosity you have lifted my spirits a bit on an otherwise bad day.

Best Wishes,

BWV

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth would be good as long as your devices have the latest aptX etc. codecs. The new B&O H8 looks very promising, and being on-ear would not likely become too warm or uncomfortable. One large and famous Bluetooth headphone I tried a year ago had several sonic problems that most reviewers ignored, but I expect much better from the H8.

EBurns

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't use wireless headphones, but I can tell you a couple of names which according to reliable sources are up in the performance ladder. AKG Y45BT is one of them and another one is the Bose® AE2w Bluetooth headphones. I've heard that both of them are good. Check it out if you are interested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts