Yamaha RX-V465

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok so I posted a few weeks back about getting a GF friendly amp. Long story short , bought it and all set up. She's happy as its not to big!
One problem is getting HD sound from skyHD. Apparently they overlooked the fact that for skyhd you have to use optical but the problem is the optical out are only connected to the AV out (sorry don't know the proper terminology!). There is a feature that allows you to switch the audio source to a different AV but nothing for switching the audio to match the HDMI.

After looking on the web I found that there is a update that will fix this problem and allow you to switch the optical to match the hdmi source. Problem is you have to download the update, put it on a disk, connect a cd/dvd player with optical out to the amp, press a few buttons and hey presto it works.

Can anyone tell me how I'm meant to do this if I don't own a cd/dvd with optical out. I have both a PS3 and Xbox360 and both have optical but neither seem to work. I really want to avoid going back to Richer sounds as its a 30 min drive each way.

Any ideas chaps ?

Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts