Yamaha RX-V457 + Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, my (very good) friend just upgraded his amp to a Sony something or other and has demoted his Yamaha RX-457 to me, hurrah!

Only snag is, this is my first amp and i'm not entirely sure where to go from here. I found an optical cable that was free with my Auzentech soundcard and I am using that to connect my PS3 to the amp. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 595 headphones and have watched Transformers 2 in glorious DTS with them, which was nice.

At this stage, i'm not sure I can get away with a full 5.1 surround setup, the wife won't allow it for 1 and there just isn't room! However, say I bought some 5.1 speakers, I could use just the 2.1 for now right? Or would bits of the movie be missing as it would be in 5.1?

Can you recommend me some good speakers and cables??

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
what about 5.1 with the surround speakers placed on top th the fronts but facing outwards? your wife wont even notice:p

A

Anonymous

Ha... I think she might.

Truth be told, I really can't have the side speakers and I can't really have the centre speaker anywhere, unless I move it everytime I need to put a new blu-ray disc in the PS3?!? Lol...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts