yamaha rx-a3050

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Any good?
Is there any owners on here?
If so please share your thoughs.

Also do you think the firmware update will arrive for the hdr?

I dont have hdr tv yet but will

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
People who have bought them seem to like them...

Marantz and Denon have a reputation for being better for music, although I think that may be more reputation than substance. Your ears, you decide.

As for the HDR upgrade, I wouldn't hold your breath. More likely the thirty fifty ONE or whatever's coming next will have it instead. Just IMHO of course.

Yahan RX-A3050 has HDR support according to their product page:

http://m.europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/aventage-series/rx-a3050_g/?mode=model

It belongs to the superior Aventage series, is musical and excellent.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If / when you get a 4K TV and a 4K BDP you can bypass the receiver anyway. Both the Samsung and the Panasonic 4K BDPs on the market now have dual HDMI sockets. One is fully functional for connecting directly to your TV (or receiver if it's 100% compatible with HDR, HDCP2.2, still believes in Father Christmas, etc.), and the second one is audio only for pushing, erm, audio only at receivers that don't support the aforementioned codecs yet. I expect other brands will follow suit if / when they release their own 4K BDPs.

If you're not going to get a 4K TV and / or BDP any time soon, there are quite a few modestly priced (especially secondhand) 1080p BDPs with dual HDMI sockets that will let you do the same thing.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
If / when you get a 4K TV and a 4K BDP you can bypass the receiver anyway.  Both the Samsung and the Panasonic 4K BDPs on the market now have dual HDMI sockets.  One is fully functional for connecting directly to your TV (or receiver if it's 100% compatible with HDR, HDCP2.2, still believes in Father Christmas, etc.), and the second one is audio only for pushing, erm, audio only at receivers that don't support the aforementioned codecs yet.  I expect other brands will follow suit if / when they release their own 4K BDPs.

If you're not going to get a 4K TV and / or  BDP any time soon, there are quite a few modestly priced (especially secondhand) 1080p BDPs with dual HDMI sockets that will let you do the same thing.

And use player for netflix etc

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
If / when you get a 4K TV and a 4K BDP you can bypass the receiver anyway. Both the Samsung and the Panasonic 4K BDPs on the market now have dual HDMI sockets. One is fully functional for connecting directly to your TV (or receiver if it's 100% compatible with HDR, HDCP2.2, still believes in Father Christmas, etc.), and the second one is audio only for pushing, erm, audio only at receivers that don't support the aforementioned codecs yet. I expect other brands will follow suit if / when they release their own 4K BDPs.

If you're not going to get a 4K TV and / or BDP any time soon, there are quite a few modestly priced (especially secondhand) 1080p BDPs with dual HDMI sockets that will let you do the same thing.

And use player for netflix etc

Get an Amazon Fire box. US$100 here, so probably GBP100 back home. Here you can subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Starz and a load more internet-streamed services without using a cable or satellite provider. It's what we do. With five or six TVs in the house in regular use, the six satellite or cable boxes needed for each TV would have cost us in the order of $150 A MONTH as you have to rent them, can't buy them (other than used off eBay). We would also have had to pay $250 A MONTH for the cable service as well, most of which is absolute dross these days. As it is we pay about $100 a month for internet (250 megabit / sec, unlimited data), which we would need anyway, and another $75 or so a month in subscriptions, saving us nearly $3000 a year!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts