Yamaha DSP-AX863SE Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I don't live in the UK and this particular model isn't sold in Portugal, where I live.
In the following months, I'll be travelling frequently between Portugal and the UK and I was thinking of purchasing the Yamaha and bring it back to Portugal. I have some questions though and I was hoping any owners and/or experts in the matter could help me:

- After reading the specifications in the manual, I'm sure that the electrical current is not a problem as the amplifier accepts 230V/50Hz and that's the same current we use here in Portugal and in the UK, from what I've read.

- What concerns me is the plug type... Portugal and the UK have different plug types. I can't seem to find any information about what type of cable connects to amp to the outlet. Is it a fixed one, built into the amp, or is it a separate power cord? If it is a separate power cord, what type of plug is one the amp's end? My hope is that, being a separate power cord, I can find a suitable replacement in Portugal.

- Does anyone have any experience in buying electronics and bringing them out of the UK?

Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

The mains is wired into the reciever, it's not a plug in. If you look at the online store www.superfi.co.uk they have photo's of the rear the AV recievers. Not sure if you were to cut the plug off the Yam and replace it with one for your region if you would void any warrenty on the unit, what about using a UK to European plug convertor (like for traveling)?

A

Anonymous

Well, I don't think that it would void the warranty as in the manual says the following:

"If the socket outlets in the home are not suitable for the plug supplied with this appliance, it should be cut off and an appropriate 3 pin plug fitted. For details, refer to the instructions described below."

So I guess that wouldn't be a problem. The converter was the first thing it came to my mind.

I just need to know how can I get it out of the UK...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts