Yamaha DSP-A2 Amplifier no sound from Main Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have obtained the above amp. i also have new speakers for a 5.1 setup. All's well when I run a test with the Center and Rear Speakers but I'm getting no sound at all from the Main speakers. I know about pressing the 'A' and 'B' speaker buttons to specify which speaker set to use but still, nothing! When I go to the setup menu to adjust the volumes of the speakers on the main speakers I get this 'MAIN --' just two dashes where the volume value should be which means the amp doesn't even know the speakers are plugged in.

When i press the 'A' and 'B' speaker sets I can hear them kicking in, I've tried other speakers and other cable but still no joy.

If anyone has any ideas it's be much appreciated, it's so frustrating. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Hi.

I think you need to check the pre-out & main in jumpers. If you wish to use the apm directly the jumper should be plugged in the coupler unit at the back of the amp.

i hope it would help.

regards

mousemonkey said:
I have obtained the above amp. i also have new speakers for a 5.1 setup. All's well when I run a test with the Center and Rear Speakers but I'm getting no sound at all from the Main speakers. I know about pressing the 'A' and 'B' speaker buttons to specify which speaker set to use but still, nothing! When I go to the setup menu to adjust the volumes of the speakers on the main speakers I get this 'MAIN --' just two dashes where the volume value should be which means the amp doesn't even know the speakers are plugged in.

When i press the 'A' and 'B' speaker sets I can hear them kicking in, I've tried other speakers and other cable but still no joy.

If anyone has any ideas it's be much appreciated, it's so frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Hi mousemonkey

I hope you've managed to resolve this issue however if not then please call Yamaha UK on 01908 366700 and ask for Steve Wells in AV technical.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts