Yamaha AX863 Blu Ray movie sound settings?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What settings on the 863 should i have to ensure i get the best sound (True HD?) coming through from the PS3 whilst watchin blu ray movies?

I have set up the PS3 as advised elsewhere in the forum (Bitstream, etc) and so am comfortable with that, but i am not sure what setting i sound have on the Yam (7ch enhancer; straight, movie settings i.e. sci fi; etc etc).

Also, what does Multichannel do and what are the best settings for gaming and listening to music (via connected ipod)?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Prof,

Probably my mistake, with being out at work - i couldnt check, definitely set it up as advised here and LPCM is showing on display so must not have Bitstream on - although begs another question, what is Bitstream for?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
All good then! Bitstream can be used for Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks so it sends the sound direct to the amp for decoding (rather than decoding it onboard). It will also send the core Dolby Digital / DTS track (contained within the Dolby TrueHD / DTS HD Master Audio tracks) for the amp to decode. So if you have an amp which doesn't have an HDMI port which can accept LPCM signal, this may be a better option for you.

NB - I did reply to another thread with settings for a Yamaha amp a few days back but can't find it now as the search function seems to be not working for me. I'll give a go later on and see if I can find it then.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
tubby:
What settings on the 863 should i have to ensure i get the best sound (True HD?) coming through from the PS3 whilst watchin blu ray movies? i am not sure what setting i sound have on the Yam (7ch enhancer; straight, movie settings i.e. sci fi; etc etc).

Thanks.

Personally I just use the 'straight' setting in multichannel mode, rather than any of the 'enhanced' DSP modes. There's no right or wrong answer to this, it's more just a question of personal preference.

A

Anonymous

OK great Prof, if you can find that thread it would be good. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts