Yamaha AS500 Banana plugs how to fit UK (bungs have been removed metal is seen)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not completely new to stereo and have had/resolved this issue on my own in the past although... With the yamaha's this seems to be a different case, i have removed the plastic bungs that come as standard and can see the inside clearly but... Still cannot fit banana plugs.
I couldn't possibly pull anymore out without taking off/destroying the entire terminal, anyhelp?
PLEASEE, i'm sure i'm just being stupid or something but i have definitely removed the bungs that come as standard and i'm not touching anything mental without thorough reassurance.
Maybe need BFA rather than Banana? I have no idea, never had this problem before.
Thanks in advance, Jim

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Yamahah amp I had a bit of trouble at first. The bungs (caps) in the speaker terminals have little holes in them and gosh they put them in tight I had a right time of it trying to get them out to fir banana plugs.

But what I did was to get a screw which I guessed at being the right size or maybe even a little too big for the holes in the bungs. Then put into hole and give it one or maybe two turns with your hand and pull the bung out. You can then push plugs in as normal.

Had a quick look at the reaR PANEL of the AS500 on the Yamaha website and they are the same as on my RXV667.

A

Anonymous

Turns out it's just rubbish cheap banana plugs, just tried out my old ones and they fit fine... I've never even heard of a plug that didn't fit like that before and really threw me... I guess that may have been the reason they were offered to me :p
Still... Now i have to wait for some more to arrive before i can have them upstairs and downstairs, such is life i suppose.
Thanks for the suggestions,
Jim

hnrk

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It's easy to remove the banana plug caps from the speaker terminals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zuchv9-XvQ

I created my own tool by using a piece of wire. I worked perfectly on my Yamaha RX-S600D:

IMG_20140313_131055.jpg

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Found atip on the internet,

Use a paper clip and bend the tip, so you can push it in the hole and then move it to one side, grip the inside and pull the bung out.

Thats how I dd it on my Yamaha AV amp.

Also make sure the scew is all the way undone 1st.

It may have been on youtube, Ref post #6 above.

AmigaNut

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts