Yamaha A-S501

greycounciller

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to see one for myself. Was only able to see a review in German (using Google translate) but you never get the full flavour of the review.

i was tempted to buy a Marantz PM 6005, but found it rather forward and bright. I listened to a Creek 50A which was much improved, but would love to hear the Yamaha sound.

My search continues......

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The creek 50A, cost a hell lot more than the yamaha 501. I think you find the yamaha 501, a bit bright too, put pair it with the right set of speakers. Say epos, and the yamaha 501, may work well with it. Why are you looking at amps at two price zones. What speakers have you got ? What speakers were the marantz pm 6005 connect too, also what was the souce.

I tell you this, I had demo of arcam a19, dynaudio dm 2/6 with cd player. The cd player which was connect to arcam a19, was not one I own or make, it was a top end one. So after 3 tracks I ask them to swap the cd player over, to a cambridge 650c. I heard the sound diffrent straight away.

Then when you get it home, it only after couple of days, that you know you brought the right kit or wroung kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts