Y-splitter for subwoover

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've read stuff about this in the past and the general opinion is that there is no harm in doing so. But I think its fair to say that if your not happy with your subs performance with a mono connection, it is highly unlikely this will change by adding the Y-Splitter.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
drichardb said:
I've read stuff about this in the past and the general opinion is that there is no harm in doing so. But I think its fair to say that if your not happy with your subs performance with a mono connection, it is highly unlikely this will change by adding the Y-Splitter.

It doesn't do any harm, and if the rumble is tracking from one side to the other it's a definite plus. However, if you're receiver doesn't have separate sub-left and sub-right terminals, and you are driving your sub off a single sub-out terminal on your receiver you're probably using an already merged left-centre-right signal anyway. If you're driving off the speaker terminals, however, I'd avoid it, as you could drop the speaker impedance too low for the power amps to cope with.

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael,

I am using ATLANTIC QUALITY INTERCONNECT FROM CAMBRIDGE AUDIO, that is written on it.

Sub is KEF 1000.2 and receiver: Yamaha RX A 2010.

It is not sound bad, but because I did not listen any better hard to say.

I have to make decision regarding all speakers, because I got Mezzo 6, mezzo 1 , central is B&W HTM62.

QUESTION IS GO FOR ONLY MEZZO, OR FOR B&W OR TOTALLY CHANGE BRAND.

I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING SMALLER, BUT NOT WORST THAN MY PACKAGE, BUT I DO NOT THINK IT WOULD MASSIVLY IMPROVE SOUND

IF I CHANGE BRAND, IT WOULD BE ONLY SLIGHT DIFFERENCE.

THANKS

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have Yam 3020 to Velodyne eq sub.Cable is micro QED.Sub needs manually switching on sometimes as it's not auto sensing signal.Will a Y splitter help?

michael hoy

KiwiMoto said:
I have Yam 3020 to Velodyne eq sub.Cable is micro QED.Sub needs manually switching on sometimes as it's not auto sensing signal.Will a Y splitter help?

It is possible this would help. However I would initialy try increasing the output on your amp for the sub.

If using a "Y" splitter don'y use a cheap nasty one.

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Check my sig,I don't do cheap and nasty lol :rofl:
I'll try upping the signal a wee bit and see if that helps first.
Failing that I'll see if I can get a titanium plated Italian designed Y splitter :dance:

michael hoy

This is well made.

210265_1_.jpg

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3969-qed-performance-ysw-subwoofer-interconnect-y-adaptor.aspx

surroundman

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael,

I just order single cable :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Shielded-Subwoofer-Cable-Gold/dp/B003PU4VTS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363694083&sr=8-2

I think this will be ok, my previous cable was too loose on the sub end.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts