Xbox 360 as a music player...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would it be acceptable to use my Xbox 360 to play CD's and as an iPod dock through the gold RCA outputs into my hifi setup or would it be a far better idea to purchase an ipod dock and seperate CD player? I am talking in terms of audio quality... Many thanks

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It all depends on what your set-up is and what sort of sound quality you are looking for, If you have a separates system then you should maybe consider a new CD player.

A

Anonymous

Depends what you define as being "acceptable". Even a cheap (i.e. £150 upwards) CD player will give you better sound than the 360, and that's before you consider what a noisy beast it is with the disc transport and the fan competing to outdo each other for noise levels. Personally, I reserve my Xbox for what it's best at, i.e. games.

A

Anonymous

well the set up i plan to get would be a pair of BR2's with a Rotel RA-04 amp. Ignoring the thunderous sound of the 360's performance, would it be worth getting a cheap CD player of the type you specified? By worth, i mean worth saving up when i earn only about £40 a week... Thanks

A

Anonymous

Well, in that case, your amp and speaker combo actually deserve a CD player of at least £200 - £250. I'd be thinking Marantz CD6002, which I believe can be had for £200 new. In your position, I would use the 360 for the time being and save the pennies until you can buy a decent CD player. Even if it takes a while to save the cash, it'll be worth it in the long run. You'll have an excellent system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts