WORTH THE UPGRADE ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Iam currently using a pioneer a400 amp with a maranz cd player .

i have just noticed a pioneer a300r precision amp on ebay which is apparently in as new condition

And has had very little use from new. i have heard a lot of good things about these a300r precision amps

but they hardly ever seem to come up for sale. Question is now i seem to have found a good one

and have a few quid spare is it a worthwhile upgrade ?

matthewpiano

The A400 is very special IMO and I'm only really just starting to get to know a whole new level of performance from it.

I've read varying opinions on the A400 versus A300r Precision debate but I think to really improve on the A400 you would need to start looking at the Cyrus and Naim integrateds. Rather than making what is likely to be more of a sideways move to an A300r, it might be better to put the money towards a bigger upgrade.

Try listening to a Naim Nait 5i, Cyrus 6XP, Pioneer A-A9MkII, Marantz PM8003, and Creek Evolution 2 as possible upgrades. Even if it means saving a bit longer I feel one of these amps might make a more worthwhile upgrade.

The other thing to consider is that the A400 can work with some pretty expensive partnering speakers and sources. What have you currently got it paired with? There could be room for getting more out of your current amp by upgrading either source or speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts