Worth getting Pioneer BDP-51 or waiting?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Currently have a Pioneer 600AV which I'm using on a temp basis with our new Pio KRP screen. Seems to be doing an OK job with upscaling DVD but I'm sure I could get better.

Was thinking of the Pioneer BDP-51 but then read the news that Pio had announced some new players - reckon it would be worth getting a plain DVD player in the short-term and then upgrading to a Blu-Ray/DVD player later on (6-9 months)?

Any thoughts?

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi BamBam go for the FD-51 PQ the same as LX-71 but cheaper and an all round good player CD play back as well, also will be a great partner for your Pioneer plasma, buy with confidence, if you have not done so already they reviews on both players on this very site hope this helps, BTW you could wait for newer models, probably a fair way off yet, but then you would be in the same position, should you wait for the next generation of players, buy the 51 and enjoy.

A

Anonymous

pioneer7:Hi BamBam go for the FD-51 PQ the same as LX-71 but cheaper and an all round good player CD play back as well, also will be a great partner for your Pioneer plasma, buy with confidence, if you have not done so already they reviews on both players on this very site hope this helps, BTW you could wait for newer models, probably a fair way off yet, but then you would be in the same position, should you wait for the next generation of players, buy the 51 and enjoy.

That seems like good advice - but finding it difficult to decide as don't have any Blu Ray discs as yet but do have a reasonable number of dvds (and have just bought another 4!) so good dvd playback is important. If I get a Blu Ray player then will no doubt get some Blu Ray discs but want to be able to do justice to the screen and to the existing (and growing) DVD collection. And it has to be multi region for DVD.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
The 51 is a great upscaler ://whathifi.com/Review/Pioneer-BDP-51FD/ check this review so you will get the best of both worlds, you can get them multi region as well for DVD play only, so its a win win for very little money, also itys a step up from the panas and sonys if you can get a demo.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
No i dont gansta187, but i do like pioneer gear but you only have read the reviews to see they speak for themselves, and seeing he has a pioneer plasma it would be a great combination, is that ok.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts