Wireworld or Chord cables?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for my system to cables which are the best and cheap. It will be Wireworld or Chord. My system sounds very good. Maybe, just maybe a little too warm. On the other hand; i don't like a bright sound.

Which cables will be fine: Chord crimsonplus with chord carnival silverscreen or

Wireworld luna 16/4 speakercable.

My system: NAD C356 amp, NAD C546 cdp, MA RX 6 speakers. Interconnect Wireworld terra 6. Speakercable Van Damme 4 mm. Music rock, metal, pop.

Hi obiwan kenobi

I'll feel that you should also consider using a basic interconnect and either staying with your VD speaker cable or changing for standard 79 strand OFC or a push 500 strand OFC speaker cables.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have van damme lc-ofc 4mm I don't think you will find any improvement with the chord speaker cable,I would say if anything it might be worse.

If you don't have the lc-ofc cable I would suggest that or what Rick said on the multistrand copper.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Rick talks sense. Don't forget, there is still a million dollars from James Randi laying unclaimed for anyone who can tell the difference between cheap and expensive speaker wire in a genuinely blind test. So long as you have wire of enough guage to carry the signal and you are not talking massive cable lengths (where resistence and 'skin' effects could just start to matter) then your basic cheapo copper multi-strand (QED 42, 79 or similar) will be fine - just keep the ends clean (or cut of oxydised ends and shorten slightly) once a year or so if using bare wire connections, or use some decent spades/banana's (with some cheap heat shrink to help with keeping oxydisation at bay).

Interconnects are much the same - a well made cable is essential, but it doesn't have to be an expensive one as often the key is having decent phono plugs at each end for a good connection. I'm using ThatCable Loops at less than a tenner and they are great (locking phonos with a split centre pin so a very tight connection). I also like the basic Mark Grant G1000HD (£50) as it uses Canare crimped phono plugs at each end, and in theory a well made crimped connection with the copper wire is better than soldered connections where even 'silver' soldier is mostly tin, and tin is a rubbish conductor compared to the copper cable and plugs it sticks together so could be seen as a weak link, particularly if the joint isn't very good (as it sometimes isn't in many mass produced and rushed products).

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think that you should take note of the advice on here, but try for yourself (if possible) - this is one to make up your own mind on and not have it "made up" for you.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Please save yourself some money and buy some inexpensive cables. They will give you the same result as the wireworld or chord cables.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi obiwan kenobi

I'll feel that you should also consider using a basic interconnect and either staying with your VD speaker cable or changing for standard 79 strand OFC or a push 500 strand OFC speaker cables.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick. Often seen your recommendation but find it difficjlt to find. Can u suggest a supplier? Google gives 310/600 and all sorts.

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can I claim a new "Professor's Law" which states that

'As an online discussion about audio cables grows longer, the probability of "The Amazing" Randi being mentioned approaches 1'

Only 4 posts this time :grin:

RobinKidderminster said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi obiwan kenobi

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick. Often seen your recommendation but find it difficjlt to find. Can u suggest a supplier? Google gives 310/600 and all sorts.

Cheers

Hi Robinkidderminster

Try these guys www.esr.co.uk

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks everybody. Then i think i hold my Van Damme 4 mm lc-ofc speakercable and the (cheap) Wireworld interconnect.

It sounds very good, but maybe it can be a little brighter. I always listening with the speakergrill on the speaker. I will now listening without the speakergrill. First impression: it sounds brighter.

obiwan kenobi said:
Thanks everybody. Then i think i hold my Van Damme 4 mm lc-ofc speakercable and the (cheap) Wireworld interconnect.

It sounds very good, but maybe it can be a little brighter. I always listening with the speakergrill on the speaker. I will now listening without the speakergrill. First impression: it sounds brighter.

Hi obiwan kenobi

Nice one. Save your time and your money.

Btw, try using the tone controls on the amplifier.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts