Wireless transmitter/receiver

pantthrower

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I've currently got my rear and side speakers right up in the angle of wall and ceiling with the cables running through the loft space. Ideally I want to lower them to nearer ear height so I can get some separation when I eventually mount height channel speakers in the ceiling. I don't especially want to chase the cables down the walls, there are too many door openings in the way to run them around the floorboards and there is a solid wood floor (glued to a concrete base) so going underneath isn't an option either.

Does anyone know of any good wireless connection solutions to get signal from the receiver to rear/surround speakers? Power points aren't an issue. Who ever built this house has put them all over the place!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Plenty of Bluetooth speakers with internal power amps out there, but if you want to use your existing speakers then options are more limited, and you'll still have the problem of speaker (and possibly mains) cables running up the walls. Unless, of course, you're planning on putting your rears and / or sides on stands or tables, or whatever.

I'd have a good look on Amazon and try and find a Bluetooth transmitter / receiver set with a minimum of 50 watts per channel.

On the other hand, if your existing speaker cables run through the ceiling void, can't you just extend them and run them down through the wall? I know it's not ideal, but you can splice some extra cable lengths onto the existing ones if you need to, and for surround speakers I doubt it'll make much difference to the sound. Plasterboard (sheetrock) walls with horizontal studs halfway up the wall can be a PITA, but it's not impossible to work around the problem, and it's not that difficult to chisel out grooves in plaster on block walls and run the cables, then Polyfilla over them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts