Wireless speaker solution for 5.1 (in white)

Rob0180

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for some help/advice regarding looking for a wireless solution for my home cinema. I've looked at and read loads of article's but at times seem to get conflucting information.

I've looked at sonos- but was put off by not being able to get DTS MA (although someone said this could be achieved by using a dac?). If this is true, is there anyway to have a 5.1 setup without using the soundbar as this only comes in black?

I've also looked at the Panasonic set-up ALL8/3 etc. Again is there anyway these can be used without a sounbar as i can not find a white one.

Finally I've also looked at the new samsung M series. There is a compatable soundbar, however its curved and my TV (PAnasonic 55VT50) is flat so the aesthetics won't look correct. As such looking to se if there is any configuration that would work with just the M speakers.

My preferred option would be for the panasonic ALL serioes speakers if i can get a suitable set-up using just the speakers.

Thanks for the help in advance on what is proving a difficult topic.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello Rob

First things first, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry that your request has met with little response so far. Part of your problem may be due to the fact that marketing directs manufacturers to aim at convenience OR quality. Both usually demand a premium but crucially aren't always combined in the same products. It's perhaps assumed that people who buy the 'convenience / style' product are less intertested in the performance or techy side of things.

The type of combination you're after seems to be a blend of Sonos-style wireless convenience with the bells and whistles of a conventional 5.1 set-up. Certainly looking at wireless rear speakers will dramatically reduce your options.

Can I ask, is the reason you're looking for a wireless solution because you want some kind of multi-room arrangement? If so, then I wonder whether this type of compromise might tick enough boxes for you:

In your main room, look at a conventional 5.1 surround set-up. If you could consider wired rear speakers there are a plethora of white speakers to choose from in all shapes sizes and qualities. As the source for your main room if you chose a Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node, you could then add wireless multi-room capabilities in other rooms. (Sonos Play 1, 3 or 5 or Bluesound Pulse).

If you think this might work for you, by all means give us an idea of budget, main room size and shape and I'm sure people will be able to give you plenty of ideas. If you were considering wired surround sound for your main room, I'd take a look at the Monitor Audio Radius range. They sound fantastic, look top-drawer and are not unreasonably priced. They offer white finishes and a quite a wide array of speaker sizes including a passive wall-mountable soundbar (you'll need a separate AV receiver to power it and additional rear speakers). Although the soundstage and steering effects aren't as good as its conventional satellite and centre speakers, the actual sound quality is pretty decent.

If wireless wireless wireless is your priority though, be expected to make sonic compromises that don't save you much money either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts