Wireless connection between Sonos Connect and speakers

DerMeister

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I’m looking for a way to wirelessly connect my Sonos Connect (which is in my living room) to a couple of speakers in my bathroom (they’re built into the ceiling). The speaker cables terminate in a broom cupboard so space is limited. I’m already using the RCA output on my Sonos Connect so only the digital coax and optical outputs are available.

The only thing I can find that almost solves the problem is this: http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/home-theater/RF-R BREC.html. Only two problems: It only has analogue input (this could be solved with a DAC) and I cannot find it for sale in Denmark where I live.

Any suggestions?

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you could run a coax or optical cable to the broom cupboard, get an AV amp with a digital input and wire it up..

Would that be any good?

DerMeister

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
skippy said:
If you could run a coax or optical cable to the broom cupboard

I probably wasn't clear enough on this but that is exactly the problem: There is no way I will be able to run cables from the living room to the cupboard - I need a way of wirelessly transmitting the audio signal from the Sonos Connect to some amplifier in the cupboard.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
DerMeister said:
skippy said:
If you could run a coax or optical cable to the broom cupboard

I probably wasn't clear enough on this but that is exactly the problem: There is no way I will be able to run cables from the living room to the cupboard - I need a way of wirelessly transmitting the audio signal from the Sonos Connect to some amplifier in the cupboard.

It's a shame that Sonos don't do some sort of wireless transmitter/receiver for this application as I'm looking to do a similar thing.

Fortunately it looks like I can fish a cable down to the floor below saving me the cost of a connect or like the other guy suggested a connect amp in your case

DerMeister

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
That might actually work although I would have to get a DAC as the RCA out on the Sonos Connect is in use for the speakers in the living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts