Windows Phone market share hits double digits in UK & France

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Still a way to go - it just doesn't have the usability of IOS/Android.
I expect that many of those using windows phones are at the budget end of the market - they always seem heavily discounted.
No Sonos App yet either.

manicm

Microsoft will do its damndest to ensure Windows Phone succeeds, especially since Blackberry's existence is in doubt. There are more and more Windows apps being released, and the way I see it the only way is up. Expect it to make a serious dent in Android in time. What many forget is that many downward mid-range Android phones are lousy - sub-standard touchscreens etc. Nokia just needs to make more attractive phones in this sector.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can see Windows phones taking quite a large market share in the future.

Microsoft are pushing the platform heavily, the OS is very easy to use, and the experience fast and fluid. Nokia are making extremely good value phones and the apps situation is getting better day by day. The casualty I think will be the premium phone segment ... why spend £500 (£35/month) on a phone when a £200 WP (£15/month) phone Nokia provides 90% of the premium phone's functionality.

I have a Nokia 620 and it's a briiliant phone .... so good Apple copied it a la 5c ;)

A

Anonymous

Ditto. Lumia 520 (larger screen than the 620) for £80 PAYG - fast, stable, nice phone.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Another Lumia 520 user here and with a contract of £3.75 i'm very happy with it, i can see the 625 being a great choice if your phone provider supports 4G

The Windows store is always being updated with new apps, yes its not got everything we may need yet but it will come within the next two years

If you checkout sales across easten Europe e.g Poland Windows phones are gaining traction and are starting to outsell iPhones

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I have a Nokia 620, an iPhone 5 and a (broken) HTC One X

I got the 620 as it has all the features of the higher models at a super low price. (All the HERE apps, City lens etc).

I find useability better than iOS. I am not completely convinced by the tile system, as I find it more difficult to find apps, and often go into the full list instead.

With iOS, I find it extremely fiddly, and with a lot of apps, they are hard to locate. I find the keyboard too small for my hands and there are too many times where it is too easy to select the wrong point on the screen. The positives is that audio is top notch and the camera is good.

Easily, by a long margin for me personally, the best phone is the HTC. Android can do so much more than either iOS or Windows. I like the fact that the home screen has exactly the apps I want to see, where I want to see them. The widgets I use extensively, which add a huge amount of functionality. The downside is for a technophobe, it can be overwhelming. The camera is mediocre too.

My next phone will probably be Android again. I miss the large screen of the HTC when using the iPhone or Nokia and I miss the extra functionality and (for me) ease of use.

I were to choose OS preference, it would be Android, then Windows, then iOS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts